As anyone that deals with aircraft knows, at altitude dangerous ice often forms on an aircraft. Depending on where the ice forms, it more often than not will change the aerodynamic characteristics of your aircraft, which affects the handling and thus the safety of the aircraft.
AMS – GSE has designed the model 450 aircraft de-icer (replacing the model 70 and model 140 de-icers) to help you deal with this issue. The Model 450 De-Icing unit is a compact, efficient and reliable unit designed to meet the requirements of small to medium sized aircraft.
The Model 450 De-Icing unit has been designed, engineered and manufactured to Boeing Specifications. The galvanised towable unit has been built with a rigid frame with a wide wheel base to create excellent stability and is fitted with a front jockey wheel and large grab handle for easy maneuverability. The operational components are protected from damage and the weather within a tilting and strut assisted stainless cover.
The Model 450 De-Icing unit is equipped with a twin heating element to provide a quicker heating time and more consistent temperature, which is monitored by a DM640 Digital Thermometer for accurate temperature control.
Get in Touch
Find out what OEM Group can do for you.
- Disc brakes with Manual Hand Brake
- Can be towed – Max towing speed is 15km/Hr
- Front jockey wheel and large grab handle for easy maneuverability
- Wide wheel base and rigid frame create excellent stability
- Operational components protected from damage and the weather within a tilting, strut assisted, stainless cover
- Large capacity stainless tank – 450litre
- Corrosion resistant galvanised steel sub frame
- 5.5hp petrol Honda driven compressor unit
- 12 litre air tank
- Grundfos circulation pump to maintain even temperature
- Verderair air operated diaphragm pump – provides consistent flow
- Twin heating elements to provide a quicker heating time and more consistent temperature
- DM640 Digital Thermometer for accurate temperature control
- 30-meter auto lock and retract Food Jet 80-NW12 hose with hand gun (WP 80Bar /BP 240Bar / 150oC)
- 240 Volt heater
- Emergency Stop Button
- Capable of de-icing 2-3, B737 Aircraft before the need to refill and reheat
Actual products may differ slightly in appearance to images shown. The manufacturer reserves the right to modify deisgn features and technical data without notice.
Download the Product Catalogue
Learn more about products and services that we have to offer.